The Benchmarking Initiative for Multimedia Evaluation (MediaEval) offers challenges related to multimedia analysis, retrieval and exploration. MediaEval tasks involve multiple modalities, (e.g., audio, visual, textual, and/or contextual) and focus on the human and social aspects of multimedia. Our larger aim is to promote reproducible research that makes multimedia a positive force for society.
Signup for MediaEval 2022 is now open via the MediaEval 2022 registration form
Once you are signed up, fill out and return the MediaEval 2022 usage agreement to the email address given at the bottom of the first page.
Data release will start soon and continue over the next months. Runs will be due in November 2022 and the annual MediaEval Workshop will be held 12-13 January 2023 co-located with the 29th International Conference on Multimedia Modeling MMM 2023. Remote participation will be possible for those who cannot travel to take part in the workshop in person.
MediaEval 2022 is offering the following tasks:
- DisasterMM: Multimedia Analysis of Disaster-Related Social Media Data
- Emotional Mario: A Game Analytics Challenge
- FakeNews: Fake News Detection
- Medico: Medical Multimedia Task: Transparent Tracking of Spermatozoa
- Musti: Multimodal Understanding of Smells in Texts and Images
- NewsImages: Relating news articles and images
- NjordVid: Fishing Trawler Video Analytics Task
- Memorability: Predicting Video Memorability
- Sports Video: Fine Grained Action Detection and Classification of Table Tennis Strokes from videos
- SwimTrack: Swimmers and Stroke Rate Detection in Elite Race Videos
- Urban Air: Urban Life and Air Pollution
More detailed task descriptions are available on the MediaEval 2022 Website.
The Multimedia Evaluation Benchmark, MediaEval, offers challenges in artificial intelligence... read more
Workshop registration is now open for the 2021 edition of... read more
The Benchmarking Initiative for Multimedia Evaluation (MediaEval) offers challenges related... read more
The Multimedia Evaluation Benchmark, MediaEval, offers challenges in the form... read more